Dr. Everlyn Nambiri Chitechi Wemali
Research And Publications
- A book chapter ‘Seafood value chains and mangrove restoration in Mida Creek’In De Leeuw J, Koech G, Yayé AD, Nyongesa J. 2017. A review of best practice in the Horn of Africa with biodiversity-based value chain development for pro-poor biodiversity conservation. Nairobi: ICRAF, ANAFE.http://www.worldagroforestry.org/igad-bmp
- John Kioli , Evelyn Wemali & Ngare Innocent (2017): Assessing the Uptake of Modern Kiln Technology in Mutomo, Kitui County, Kenya in Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) Vol-3, Issue-12, (2017) ISSN (Online): 2454-1362
- Ngare et al., 2018 : Integrating Environmental Concerns in Enterprises and Businesses for Sustainable Development International Journal of Environmental Science http://www.iaras.org/iaras/journals/ijes (published with Ngare)
- Onuong’a, N.O and Wemali E .2019. Contributions of Nature Conservancies towards creation of Environmental Awareness in Schools, A case study of Kitale Conservancy in Trans Nzoia County, Kenya.Researchjournali’s Journal of Education Vol. 7 | No. 6 August | 2019 ISSN 2347-8225
- Learning for an inclusive green economy and sustainability; a baseline study for Kenyatta university, Nairobi Kenya ( under UNESCO chair ,ongoing)
Conferences And Workshops Attended
- August 4th -8th 1997Kenya National Examination Council, Trained in multiple choice item writing (KCPE-Science).
- 1998 – To date; Panel Member at Kenya National Examination council
- August - September 2006:SEMEO-RECSAM, Penang, Malaysia In-service Training on “Enhancing problem solving skills in Science Education”
- 16th February-14th March 2008: Nigeria; Facilitated Development of Training manuals for SMASE INSET Nigeria.
- 19th April-3rd May 2008: Burkina Faso; Facilitated Development of Training modules for the SMASE INSET project Burkina Faso.
- May 2008: Involved in developing and validating a ‘Teacher competency framework’ for Primary School teachers, a project for the Ministry of Education done by Academy for Educational Development (AED).
- Developed and written fact sheets for Kenya Organization of Environmental Education (KOEE)
- February 2010: Developed trainers manual Biology for Youth polytechnics Ministry of Youth Affairs
- January 2011: Panel member in developing e-content secondary school Biology Book 3 and 4 for Kenya Institute of Education.
- May 2011: Developed Students manual for Biology for Youth Polytechnics: Ministry of Youth Affairs Kenya.
- 2013: consultant -KOEE development of an ESD Faith based toolkit for primary schools
- 21stto 23rd Nov 2011: presented a paper on Status of indigenous vegetables in Mumias Sugar belt in a in seminar organized by IFRA and Kenyatta University on “heritagisation of biodiversity and governance of natural resources in the light of environmental stress way forward”
- 21st-24th August 2016: International Conference on the Global Action programme in Sweden
- 28th – 30th September, 2015 : Attended NUS side event during the UniBRAIN conference in Nairobi Kenya.
- 22nd-24th August 2017 Cross Boarder Biodiversity Curriculum –Kenya and Somali at ICRAF
- 2015 consultant-KOEE- Development of training manual for Faith Based Training in Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- 22nd - 24th September, 2015: Involved in developing a curriculum framework for value chain of Neglected and Underutilized Species (NUS) in Africa organized by The African Network for Agriculture, Agroforestry and Natural Resources Education (ANAFE) and its partners
- 16th -27th November 2015: Participated in a write shop on Biodiversity based value chains at ICRAF Nairobi an IGAD Biodiversity management programme.
- November 2017:Consultant-KOEE-Development of a training guide for Climate Change Reporting.
- Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) 2017 to date :panel member for Early years Education Environmental Activities;Biology for senior school; Diploma education
Research Awards and Grants
- 1991:Ministry Of Education Scholarship for Master Of Environmental Studies course at Kenyatta university
- 2011:National Commission for Science and Technology: Grant for Doctor Of Philosophy in Environmental Studies course at Kenyatta university
- A Board member Kamashia Secondary School Mumias
- A Board member Lubinu Secondary school Mumias
- Coordinating sensitization on teaching skills for un trained teachers in informal settlements
- Participation in medical camps organized by the directorate community outreach
- Church leader- women group