Dr Godwin Opinde
Name: Dr Godwin Opinde
Books and Books Chapters
- Opinde Godwin (2012).Contributions to Solid Waste Management in Eldoret Municipality Kenya. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co.KG, Heinrich-Bocking, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-659-13686-3.
- VERF PhD and Younger researchers workshop, Presented a paper on Integration of motorcycle transport and its implication on Safety in Kenya, Organized by Volvo Research Foundation, 29th June, 2018, Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
- Next Generation Researchers Network writing workshop, Organized by United Nations University (UNU-IAS), hosted at University of Cape Town, South Africa, 3rd to 6th June, 2018.
- ECI (2015). Multilateral Environmental Agreements: A handbook for African Journalists, ECI Nairobi, Kenya. (Participated as Research Team Member & List of authors).
Scholarship Awards/ Grants received
- National Research Fund (NRF) (2016)
- German Exchange Program (DAAD) (2015)
- Netherlands Fellowship Program (NUFFFIC) (2013)
- Workshop on Development of IGAD Regional Infrastructure Master Plan (IRIMP), regional consultative/ dialogue forum, 2nd to 3rd March, 2020, Entebbe, Uganda.
- Facilitator during training on clean air planning & Management for Kampala Capital City Authority, Supported by UN Environment, 17th to 18th December, 2019, Kampala, Uganda.
- Facilitator during Technical Working Group workshop on Fuel Economy Policy Options for Tanzania, Organized by Energy Utilities Water Regulatory Authority (EWURA), Supported by UN Environment, 21st October, 2019, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Workshop on promoting cleaner and more fuel-efficient vehicle policies in Tanzania, Organized by University of Dar es Salaam – Bureau for Industrial Co-operation (BICO), Supported by UN Environment, 19th July, 2019, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Workshop on Air Quality Planning for Kampala City, Organized by Kampala Capital City Authority, Supported by UN Environment & Environmental Compliance Institute (ECI), 16th July, 2019, Kampala, Uganda.
- East African Community Workshop on Harmonisation of Vehicle Emission Standards, organized by UN Environment, 10th-11th June, 2019, UNON, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mobilize Summit on Bus Rapid Transport, Organized by Institute for Transportation & Development Policy and Dar Rapid Transit, 26th to 28th June, 2018, Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
- Volvo Research & Education Foundation Network Workshop on Transport & Road Safety, Organized by VERF, 25th June, 2018
- Stakeholder inception workshop on Addis Ababa City air quality situational analysis, Organized by Environmental Compliance Institute, Funded by UN Environment, 3rd May, 2018, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- United Nation Environmental Assembly “Towards a pollution-free planet”, Organized by UN Environment, 4th to 6th December, 2017, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Kenya Air Quality Annual Conference, Clean Air, Healthy Lives: Air Quality and Sustainable Goals in Kenya, Organized by Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), UNEP and World Agroforestry Center, 8th December, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya.
- National Stakeholders’ workshop on phasing out mercury added products: Road to Ratification and Implementation of Minamata Convention on Mercury, Organized by Center for Environment Justice and Development (CEJAD), 7th December, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Environmental Toxicological Risk Assessment Workshop, organized by International Union of Toxicology (IUTOX), American Chemistry Council and Environmental Compliance Institute (ECI), 21st -23rd June, 2016, Nairobi Kenya.
- Workshop on Solar Waste: Management, Sustainability and Renewable future in Kenya, University of Edinburgh, UK, 13th July, 2015, Strathmore Business School, Nairobi.
- Presentation on Air Quality Management in Nairobi at the Regional Workshop on Air Quality Management: Organized by World Banks: Pollution Management and Environmental Health Team: 25th- 28th March, 2015 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Presentation on Regulatory framework for Air Quality Management in Kenya at the Regional Workshop on Air Quality; Organized by Air Pollution for Africa (APINA) and UNEP; 10th to 11th December, 2013 in Lusaka Zambia.