As per the Charter and Statutes of Kenyatta University, the duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration) are:
- Management of Human Resource and General Administration matters;
- Shall be the Chairperson of Appointments Committee for non-academic staff within the University’s Central Administration up to the level of grade thirteen (13);
- Shall be the Chairperson of Appointments Committee for non-teaching staff in the rest of the University at the level of grade eleven (11), twelve (12) and thirteen (13);
- Shall be, in the absence of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Affairs) or on account of other exigencies of services, Chairperson of the Appointments Committee indicated in Statute IVA, 5(i) and (ii);
- May sit in all Appointment Committees and his/her endorsement, with reference to the Vice-Chancellor and University Council, shall be sought for all appointments within respective Colleges.
- Shall be responsible for appropriate Human Resource Management Policies and Procedures in conformity with the Constitution of Kenya 2010, the Universities Act, the Charter and any other written laws in Kenya.
- Perform any other functions pertaining to Human Resource and Administration; and
- Carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be delegated by the Vice-Chancellor.
CONTACT ADDRESS:P.O. BOX 1314 – 00618 RUARAKA-00618, KENYA
Telephone: 8703000 Ext. 3788